Thursday, October 27, 2011

TV Killed the Father Role Model

Yup, I said it. TV sitcoms have official killed the father role model. If you watch any sitcoms in the last 5 years with fathers in them, they are all bumbling, lying, and downright dumb. Really, is that what we see as a society in our fathers? Its one of the many reasons I don't watch sitcoms. As a father and husband I just pisses me off to see these buffoons making a mockery of something I hold dear. I make it a point to be the best father and husband that I can be.

Case in point, "According to Jim", "8 Simple Rules", "My Wife and Kids" to name a few. All of these have fathers that lie. Really, its not that hard of a thing, not lie to your spouse or kids (unless its about Santa), but these shows them doing it all the damn time. How are to expect anyone to take lying seriously when these morons get away with doing it all the time? If I lied to my wife or friends half as much as these asshats do I would be out on my ass or without friends for the rest of my life.

What happened to the strong father, the ones that showed their kids what to do and how to act with actions. I guess that would not be "funny", or at least humorous to the masses. About the only show on recently that I can think of with a strong father in it is "Castle", and its even funny! The worst thing is, its intelligent humor and there for will probably be pulled from the air in the next year and replaced with The Real Housewives of the Jersey Shore Real World Road Rules Challenge Survivor Race...

To all of you that are still great Father role models, keep it up, or we will end up with a society of people raised by bumbling lying buffoons.

Keep it, well, Keep it up...

-Haven

No comments:

Post a Comment